Thursday 4 February 2010

First I have to make my excuses for writing in some kind of English. It might not be the best choice, but I don't want to exclude neither Norwegian nor Dutch visitors of this blog. I'm aware that my english is not accurate, I very often can't seem to find the right words, but it's just a fact that's a long time ago I finished school...



Halfway december we moved out of Storgata to make a start with the renovationproject. We had planned to start the diggingwork half january and thus start to tear apart the backside of the house in the first to weeks of january.  But then snow began to fall just after we moved out, it started freezing and temperatures got below minus 17 degrees. Today, the 4.th of february it still hasn't stopped freezing and snowing - just the last days there has been falling another 20 cm of snow at least.

So there we are, waiting for the weather to get better. In the meantime, we have started inside to remove most part of the boarding on the walls and ceilings. This week I took some days of from work, to do some scrubbing/polishing with sandpaper on the beams (ceiling  1.st floor).

We want to paint the ceiling white, with the beams visible. For now I just have another day of work with it. I think I'll be finished by tomorrow - and that's just fine because my arms and shoulders really start to hurt.

Coco joined me, it's nice to have company!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you want to write a comment or just say hi?